Thursday, November 15, 2012

Adventures in Health and Fitness

              All of my life I have been recalcitrant in the health and fitness department. I did PE over the summer in high school so it would only be a two week class, I don't do fitness, except yoga sometimes I do yoga. I walk around the grocery store a lot, but that might not count...
 I eat mostly fresh veggies lean meats and whole grains, but have a ridiculous sweet tooth I can eat a whole pan of brownies by myself, last year I think I ate the pumpkin pie with little help from my son (not in one sitting but still a whole pie?). I really love healthy foods like Kale and tofu and am open to trying new things but I am a southern girl, I likes my Chicken Fried!
 I am fat. I have been very overweight since after I had my son 7 years ago. I have not had a problem with my body image or my fluctuating size. I used to smoke but I quit two Februarys  back. Recently My husband and I have been talking about having another baby (my husband has no biological children and I would love just one more to complete our family) I was 21 when I had my son, I had a C-section, my blood pressure was out of control, not to mention my stress level (being single at the time was no great helper in this department) My Son has had sensory sensitivity issues ( I believe this is tied to my blood pressure and stress while preggers) and he suffers from Astma (I believe from my smoking and being exposed to second hand smoke both before his birth and as a toddler)  If I am going to carry a child now that I am a little older and wiser (I hope) I know what it is going to do to my body and I want to be prepared, I have really changed my diet a lot.
We Cook at home 28-30 days a month We are eating more whole grains less tranfats (oh me oh my I miss my food fried) we are grilling more (I LOVE YOU GEORGE FOREMAN.) I have switched all of my Soy Products to Non-GMOs and When I can I am purchasing Organic and non-GMO grains. Instead of Buying take out like Pizza and Chinese I am trying to make these things at home (I am quite good at pizza) My whole Family is now taking Multi-Vitamins and Appropriate supplements with them. I am a fake sugar FREAK, I LOVE DIET COKE!! I have cut back to two 2L of Diet soda a week. I miss them but have noticed I craze sweets less on days I dont have any diet soda! I actually made brownies several days ago and only ate one so far!
I am have also started drinking 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in 8oz of ice water twice a day, for various health benefits. I also think this is decreasing my appetite.
      in addition to all the afore mentioned nutritional issues, I also have an affront to exercise! I hate walking aerobics suck, belly dancing is fun but do I need to do it... no I think I will sit here and watch Dr Who instead! So with the gas prices and my new found love of being Green where ever possible, Sam and I started Riding our Bikes to school last month. Samuel finished his Physical therapy sessions and has been cleared for any and all physical activity. His school is 1.5 miles from our house and I take him and come back 2-3 times a week in both the morning and after noon (that is 6 miles for me a day) I also have been doing laps around the neighborhood in the morning or going up to the store when I need to on the bike. Not only am I saving Gas I am also losing weight! I have lost 11lbs in the past few months. I feel energized and excited about continuing and I have also been doing little fitness videos and hoping to do and try even more things in this Journey, I also feel I am setting a good example for my son. I am living responsibly and healthily for the first time in my adult life!  

I am also using  MyFitnessPal to track all of my food, exercise and weight! It is available on Iphone, Android and through the Google !

I will update as I go through this Journey !

No comments:

Post a Comment