Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Saving Money and the earth???

A lot of the things I do to save $$ have a very positive impact on the environment!. I Shop at Thrift stores to save money on my own clothes and home items, that means those things are being reused and not thrown out, same goes for my Freecycle sites. I am not throwing things into land fills and stuff I get isnt being thrown in to landfills!
 I am currently trying to "Green" my cleaning routine I am currently making Enzyme cleaner from Citrus scraps this is suppose to be a very good all purpose cleaner and I intend on trying it in a lot of places here is what you do

Place choped up citrus scaps (I am using limes)  In a 2liter bottle (I am using a soda bottle)
add 1 liter of water
1/2c brown sugar and 1 Teaspone of yeast
I Put the sugar in a Funnel and then put water in and it went right in
shake it put the cap on (loose enough for air to escape )
leave it two weeks
strain it
then use it to clean

We will see how this one works but it looks really good
 for dishes and laundry (use 1/4 cup of enzyme)
 for washing bathrooms and toilets. grime comes off easily (1 part enzyme to 10 parts water)
 for removing stubborn stains and odor 
 to clean vegetables and fruits (1 part enzyme to 10 parts water)
 clear blockages in kitchen sinks and drains (use concentrated or blended pulp/sludge of enzyme)
 as a natural insect repellent (use undiluted) for ants, cockroaches.
  mopping floors (1 part enzyme to 20 parts water)
 as a skincare product, e.g. facial cleanser or toner (1 part enzyme to 2 parts water)
 wash cars –(1 part enzyme to 20 parts water)


No comments:

Post a Comment